Martina Slovjak, a 2nd year communication & management student at Edward Bernays University College (Zagreb,Croatia) spent a semester at ISCOM Paris with the Erasmus Programme. She accepted to share her experience in France with us !
- How was your overall experience at ISCOM?
My overall experience at ISCOM was amazing! Everyone, from teachers to my classmates were friendly and ready to help with anything which I liked the most. Teachers really tried to make their lectures interesting and I think they did an awesome job.
- What is one thing you will always remember about your experience at ISCOM?
I will always remember incredible people I’ve met at ISCOM. Not only students, but teachers as well. Also, I will never forget all of the amazing themes ISCOM had like Harry Potter, beach theme etc. It was really fun!
- How has your experience helped you in your future endeavors?
This experience really helped me a lot to meet myself better because this was the first time I lived alone far away from my family. I was obligated to get little bit more serious and responsible about certain things which I transferred in my life back home.
- What is one main difference from your home university experience compared to your Erasmus experience?
The main difference between my university and ISCOM is the different learning approach. In Paris I had a lot more team projects which I really liked as well as interesting tasks and researches. Also, I find the lectures a lot more modern at ISCOM.
- What are your three favourite things about Paris?
Three favorite things about Paris: the beautiful view wherever you go (can’t get enough of it), a lot of cool places to visit and a really good transport connection!
- Which class was your favourite and why?
My favorite class was Elizabeth Milovdov’s Communications Law. The best teacher I’ve had so far, such interesting lectures that you can really learn a lot from.
- Do you think you would encourage others to come to ISCOM?
I would definitely encourage other people to come at ISCOM. An experience that will never be forgotten for sure.
- Did ISCOM help you see things from an international perspective? If SO, how?
Yes, ISCOM has helped me to see things in a different perspective. I spent a lot of time with people from all around the world from whom you can learn a lot about different cultures and you can hear a lot of interesting and different stories which is amazing.