Study Abroad at ISCOM

Study Abroad at ISCOM

<iframe width="655" height="400" src="//" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


photodune-4346384-united-states-and-british-flag-s INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS

ISCOM Paris offers two levels of  programs, 100% in English. Foreign students with a license, bachelor's degree or equivalent can apply to enter at the fourth year which is comprised of six months of classes and six months of internship. Students who already hold a master's degree in a related subject can apply to enter at the fifth year, for a specialized program in International Global Communications.
The fifth year is run as a work-study program (work four days per week, classes one day per week plus one week per month), and the companies for which the students work often pay for their education.
More information: Elizabeth Albrycht, Program Director:

Foreign students who are comfortable in French could also apply for the French-language fourth and fifth year programs at ISCOM Paris. Classes are primarily in French, although some seminars are taught in English. Information about these programs can be found here (in French).

Pre-requisites: Fluency in English, both written and oral. All classes are conducted in English, and your internships will also be required to be primarily in English. Our program is open to French students and foreign students alike.


Students are expected to have knowledge of the strategies and tactics of the communications industry, acquired either through class work or internships (ideally, both). All prospective students will take an exam that will measure this knowledge. Prospective students will also be evaluated on their level of English (written and verbal)

All applicants will also pass an individual interview in English to discuss their motivation for entering the program.

Foreign students

ISCOM invites foreign students to apply for an entire academic year, including internships. The school's academic year operates on two semesters, following the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System). Each year represents 60 credits of work. Undergraduate students (studying for a Bachelor's degree, license or equivalent) could enter at the first, second or third year.

ISCOM Paris  offer a 100% English-language instruction in its first year. Students entering at the second or third year will have classes in both French and English, so their level of French should be adequate to pursue academic work. European students can enter through the ERASMUS program or apply directly.

Coming to Paris in the fall to study at ISCOM? Discover the administrative steps here.

Your country is a member of the European Union?

To study in France, you must

obtain a European medical card

have a passport or identity card

inform ISCOM of your previous diplomas

earned justify the financial means necessary to reside in Paris

These details concern students coming from: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Holland, Poland, Portugal, The Tchek Republic, Romania, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

You are from outside of the European Union? Visa details:

To obtain a French visa, you must:

have a passport or identity card

prove that you have sufficient financial resources

be enrolled in a French university

have health coverage

Several types of visas exist:

The admissions examination visa, which allows you to come to Paris to attempt the entrance examination. The visa allows you to stay 1 year, and is renewable if you are admitted to the program.

Long study visa. You must request a residency permit within the two months following your entry to France. The residency permit can be renewed depending on your status.

You are already in France?

You must renew your residency permits with the appropriate offices. The "Maison internationale" can help you with this process:
Welcome Desk for Foreign Students at the Cité Internationale Universitaire

You are abroad?

You must obtain an appointment at the French embassy nearest you.
After having received a visa, you must contact French immigration services (OFFI) for further instructions.

Useful resources

For more information on obtaining a visa, please visit the French Foreign Affairs website 

CAMPUS FRANCE may also assist you.

For more information on obtaining a visa, you may also visit the website of France's immigration services: 

To consult equivalency policies for your foreign diplomas, you can visit the ENIC-NARIC website.

Looking for an apartment or more information? The following student website may help: Etudiants de Paris